Todays review focused on Razer Panthera Evo Vs Qanba Obsidian and their differences from making material to performance. I found the main differences in case of mechanical buttons, volume & mute button and pricing. I had used both of the fighting sticks and this content will assist you choose the best one between these two sticks. So, let’s see the detail differences between these two products.
In the world of Fightstick Qanba and Razer are very popular names and they made some awesome fightsticks and it’s a kind of blessings to the gamers. Qanba Obsidian is a premium mid-level fight stick made by Qanba. The company is well known for their finest gaming product. On the other hand, Panthera Evo is another arcade stick made by well-known gaming accessories manufacturer Razer.
General Specifications of Qanba Obsidian Vs Razer Panthera Evo
|Cable Size (USB)||9.8 ft.||8.5 ft.|
Customer’s opinion on “Key specs”
- Razer uses their own mechanical key instead of regular button. And the buttons feel good.
- After using the stick for sometimes I felt the joystick takes too long to move.
- Panthera Evo is a premium quality fight stick and looks amazing with Razer’s premium finish and skins.
- The Buttons feel good & gives a very good feedback after a month’s use.
- The buttons make some noises sometimes when I hardly push them.
- Obsidian is manufactured with premium finish. It looks quite nice and has a good metal finish on top which gives the Obsidian a classy and hardy look.
- Obsidian is cheaper than any other arcade sticks out there. It astonished me when I saw the quality of the stick considering its price.
Weight & Size
|Razer Panthera||Qanba Obsidian|
|Height||10.3 in.||18.1 in.|
|Width||15 in.||10.2 in.|
|Weight||7.44 lbs.||6.6 lbs.|
|Depth||4.9 in.||4.7 in.|
Customer’s opinion on “Weight & Size”
- Panthera is still little bit heavier arcade stick; it has mechanical buttons, Sanwa joystick which is average quality in my opinion.
- Evo is a premium device with its premium price tag. Only for mechanical buttons, I won’t prefer to pay extra money instead of getting better at cheap price.
- Obsidian has light weight, Sanwa Denshi buttons and joystick and comfortable to use.
- It is a perfect device for entry, pro or any type of gamers out there just because of its weight. It also has the perfect room for hands to put on and the metal looks great on this.
Customer’s opinion on “Features and Mod”
Modification is a little bit of difficulty for Panthera Evo but if you want to change the joystick it simply by opening a screw under the stick.
There are no LEDs, but there are a volume button and mute button which is quite useable.
Modification in Obsidian is easy because we don’t need to remove the screws from the body. Only for its simple design it is easy to modify it.
Qanba gives us the product warranty. That’s why, if we face some problem, we didn’t need to worry. Also Obsidian have LED lighting, which looks great on it.
Some good and bad sides
Still confused! Which one you should get? Let me help you. In my opinion, both of the arcade sticks are good quality sticks, but only because of mechanical buttons, volume button and mute button I don’t think to pay extra money on it. On the other hand, you will get the premium look with good quality parts, metal frame, LED lighting and many more at a cheaper price. That’s why I personally prefer the Qanba Obsidian. I still use this and this is my default fight stick. Now it’s all up to you.